- Air Conditioning
- Major Appliance
- Carpet Cleaning
- Chimney Cleaning
- Drain Cleaning
- Exterior Deck Sealing
- Fence and Gate Maintenance
- Furnace and Heater
- Gutters and Downspout Cleaning
- Handyman Service
- Lawn Aeration
- Lights, Alarms, and Fan
- Pressure Washing
- Tile and Grout
- Window Cleaning
- See All Trades...
Furnace and Heater Service / Buy Now
extend the life of your home and systems /
Membership Service Highlights:
Our membership trade specialists will:
- Visit your home in the fall to ensure your system is winter-ready
- Change the filter
- Check all gas (or oil) connections, gas pressure, and burner combustion
- Check and clean the heat exchanger
- Replace battery for carbon monoxide detector, if present
Your furnace controls the heating process in your house. This appliance requires periodic maintenance in order to ensure maximum productivity, to avoid the production of carbon monoxide gas, and to help minimize costs. There are few things more annoying than waking up to a freezing house in December because your furnace is not working.
Why Regular Maintenance is Essential:
According to the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, your heating and cooling system uses more energy than any other system in your home. The EERE estimates heating and cooling accounts for roughly 43 percent of a typical utility bill. With proper maintenance, including annual furnace tune-ups, you can save up to 10 percent on your heating costs. Proper maintenance of the furnace is critical to saving energy dollars and prolonging the useful life of the furnace.
- The cool air return vent is usually a larger vent or grill than the supply registers and must be kept free of obstructions.
- The supply registers should also be kept clear and may require seasonal adjustments for airflow.
- Thermostats should be kept clean and unobstructed.
- Set your thermostat as low as is comfortable in the winter.
- Clean or replace filters on furnaces as needed.
- Clean warm-air registers, baseboard heaters, and radiators as needed; make sure they're not blocked by furniture, carpeting, or drapes.
- Turn off kitchen, bath, and other exhaust fans within 20 minutes after you are done cooking or bathing.
- During the heating season, keep the draperies and shades on your south-facing windows open during the day to allow the sunlight to enter your home and closed at night to reduce the chill you may feel from cold windows.
Terms and Conditions
Service limited to one Forced Air Unit (FAU) unit per home and one air filter. One-time installation of carbon monoxide detector by FAU is $25.00. First call back is free, additional call backs on performance are $15.00 each to cover transport cost. 12-month limit on callbacks. Callbacks are limited to poor system performance or problems related to the maintenance service and do not cover additional damage however caused. If Alltegra are called back under false information, or if the callback is for any other reason than poor performance an additional service charge will be applied. Additional work not . Any repair work requested by the client at the time of first service will be charged at $85 an hour and billed in 15-minute increments. Additional services, such as duct cleaning or sealing is by quote only. Other services not listed may have additional fees. Maximum of 30 minutes will be used for additional repairs or work during a air conditioning maintenance visit. Return visits for repairs and other work have a 1-hour minimum. Damage caused by our actions will be remedied by repairing or replacing the damaged part as needed. Guarantee is for one year if properly maintained by Alltegra. Any home system and its components will need to be replaced or repaired to be brought back to standard working order before any Alltegra guarantees or warranties can be put in force. Guarantees do not cover existing damage and normal wear and tear. Customer retains full ownership of their air conditioning system and all household systems and must act responsibly for those systems. Replace filters as needed and make sure all equipment is not blocked or obstructed.