- Air Conditioning
- Major Appliance
- Carpet Cleaning
- Chimney Cleaning
- Drain Cleaning
- Exterior Deck Sealing
- Fence and Gate Maintenance
- Furnace and Heater
- Gutters and Downspout Cleaning
- Handyman Service
- Lawn Aeration
- Lights, Alarms, and Fan
- Pressure Washing
- Tile and Grout
- Window Cleaning
- See All Trades...
Chimney Cleaning / Buy Now
extend the life of your home and systems /
Membership Service Highlights:
Our membership trade specialists will:
- Inspect the chimney assembly
- Cover the hearth and floor around the fireplace and use a high-powered vacuum to control dust
- Clean from the top of the chimney down as far as reachable. At the bottom of the fireplace use brushes and rods to make sure the bottom of the chimney is clean
- Check the spark arrestor for obstructions, deterioration and painting needs
Fire safety officials recommend cleaning chimneys once a year or after every cord of wood burned. The incomplete burning of wood or coal creates a combustible deposit called "creosote" that is the material most frequently ignited in home heating fires. If you have a wood or coal stove or a fireplace insert or if you use glass doors on your fireplace, you're probably building up creosote faster, and you will probably need to clean the chimney more often.
Why Regular Maintenance is Essential:
Not cleaning your chimney can result in a lack of airflow through your fireplace, carbon monoxide leaks, and even the dreaded chimney fire. A chimney fire burns hot and fast and can quickly spread. If you haven't had this service performed in years then now is the time to have it done. It is well worth the cost to make sure the rest of your home is safe against the possibility of your house catching on fire. It is also important to keep varmints and birds from nesting in the chimney.
- With increased use, have the chimney cleaned more often.
- Do not burn any construction scraps of treated or painted wood, especially treated wood from decks or landscape ties. The chemicals used can release dangerous amounts of arsenic and other very toxic compounds into your house.
- A cord of wood is approximately a woodpile of 4 by 4 by 8 feet.
- Close the damper and cold air vent when not in use. Leaving these open is equivalent to having an open window in the house.
- When completely cool, remove old ashes and coals from under the grate. A light layer of ash is desirable as an insulator and will help to reflect heat.
Terms and Conditions
Up to two fireplaces are during a normal service. Additional fireplaces will be charged at $80 each. Excessive creosote buildup, an odd-shaped flue, or needed repairs are extra. First call back for poor service is free, additional call backs on performance are $15.00 each to cover transport cost. 12-month limit on callbacks. Callbacks are limited to poor cleaning of chimney or dust intrusion and do not cover additional damage however caused or parts supplied by homeowner. If Alltegra are called back under false information, or if the callback is for any other reason than poor performance an additional service charge will be applied. Additional work is not . Any repair work requested by the client at the time of first service will be charged at $85 an hour and billed in 15-minute increments. Other services not listed may have additional fees. Maximum of 30 minutes will be used for additional repairs or work during a chimney cleaning visit. Return visits for repairs and other work have a 1-hour minimum. Damage caused by our actions will be remedied by repairing or replacing the damaged part as needed. Guarantee is for one year if properly maintained by Alltegra. For one (1) year from the date of invoice, Alltegra will repair free of charge defects in workmanship performed. There are no other guarantees expressed or implied, and there is no liability for consequential damages of any nature or kind. Guarantee is for labor only. Materials are not included. Any home system and its components may need to be replaced or repaired to be brought back to standard working order before any Alltegra guarantees or warranties can be put in force. Guarantees do not cover existing damage and normal wear and tear. Customer retains full ownership of their chimney and household systems and components and must act responsibly for those systems. With increased use, have the chimney cleaned more often. Do not burn any construction scraps of treated or painted wood, especially treated wood from decks or landscape ties.